Coal Creek Golf Course is trying something new. For the month of July we will be changing the routing of the holes.
Front 9 - #14-#15-#16-#17-#18-#10-#11-#12-#13
Back 9 - #1-#2-#3-#4-#5-#6-#7-#8-#9
This new trial rotation is being done for a number of reasons, including:
- 5 hole-round. There is a large demand for playing a 5-hole round that we cannot meet on a regular basis. Rerouting the holes would allow the 5-hole round of holes 14-18 to be offered anytime. 5-holes is great when you are short on time, want to practice certain aspects of your game, or for beginners and kids. And at only $10 it's a bargain!
- Maintenance Efficiency. Every morning, before the first tee time, our crew is out performing maintenance tasks to prepare the course for play. The maintenance shed is located closer to holes 14-18 which would allow them to prepare these holes first and get play started more quickly.
- Downhill Finish. Get the only hill out of the way on the second hole (#15). It's all downhill from there!
- The shot that brings you back. The current 18th hole is the hardest hole on the golf course. No one likes to end on a bad hole. Finishing your round on number 9 would let you end with a wide open fairway, take the possibility of a water penalty out of the equation and give everyone a better opportunity to finish strong.
- Heading Home. The new 18th hole (#9) will bring you right back to the golf shop and clubhouse while providing views of the majestic Rockies and a beautiful sunset. In addition, this would allow spectators to observe the finishing hole from the clubhouse while enjoying their meal and cheering you on.
What do you think? Come give this new course layout a try and let us know what you like and what you don't like. We hope these subtle differences in play will enhance your golfing experience here at Coal Creek while at the same bring new challenges to your game.