Every Wednesday Morning a Shotgun Start
The Stokers is a weekly golf league offering an opportunity for likeminded people to play golf in a fun and friendly environment while offering equitable formats for all to participate in competitive golf.
2019 Procedures *** NEW for 2019
1. Yearly dues $ 65. The $65 fee includes the annual USGA handicap dues and 2019 League dues.
If you already have a USGA handicap from another course or club your fee will only be $ 30.
Special rate for Green fees. $ 38. If you are a Preferred or Preferred Plus Pass holder the rate is reduced to $ 35.
If you plan on playing more than 5 times this year you should purchase one of the 2 passes mentioned to save money.
- 2. There will be 2 flights based upon handicap index
- a. The initial breakdown on flights will be splitting the players into equal flights weekly.
- b. Weekly points will be awarded based upon your results within your flight.
- c. Payout in shop credit for the top 3 NET finishers per flight per event
- d. Points will be awarded to the top 10 finishers
- i. 5,4,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1.
- ii. Ties will not be broken but awarded similar points.
- 1. If 10 people tie for 2nd all receive 2nd place points of 4. ***
iii. Double points added for tournament rounds
- e. If your handicap changes through the year you will be reassigned to a different flight.
- i. Your points, regardless of flight, are combined to one spreadsheet for the yearlong point competition
- 3. Tees in play Important new change ***
- a. First Flight will play from the Coal Car tees. (5756 yards)
- b. Second Flight players have an option to play from Coal Car or Graphite tees(5084 yards)
- i. If you choose to play from the Graphite tees your handicap will reduce by the change in the slope
and the difference in the course rating.
- ii. To play the graphite tees you must declare when you sign up to play.
If you do not declare a different tee you will default to Coal Car and cannot change day of the event.
- 4. Weekly Format of play ( see schedule )
- 5. Team events pairings
- a. All team events will be paired utilizing the tournament software to achieve the following:
- i. As equitable as possible handicap dispersion
- ii. Foster more member interaction with fellow Strokers.
- 6. Yearly point system
- a. There is ONLY 1 flight for yearly point awards.
A change was made on the number of spots paid per gross and net based upon the demographics of our league.
The first three spots will receive the same payout regardless of gross or net.
- b. Gross is paying 3 spots in 2019 ***
- c. Net is paying 10 spots in 2019. ***
- d. An individual cannot receive awards in both categories. Their best finish will be awarded.
- 7. The $ 10 weekly entry fee is mandatory for 2019 and the price remains the same.
- a. Breakout of the $ 10 fee
- i. $5 to top 5 net winners
- ii. $ 2 for net skins
iii. $ 2 for skill games
- iv. $1 saved for end of the year point total award
- 8. New players who join the league will be assigned to a flight by handicap
- 9. Skill games
- a. Available to all flights
- i. Four closest to pins
- ii. Two long drives (1 >70 & 1 <70)
iii. Two long putts
- iv. Hole locations will be reset to minimize differences in yardages
- b. Skin game is unique to each flight and are NET skins
- i. Same rule a gross birdie or eagle cannot be cut by a net number
- 10. Starting times at the beginning and end of the season will be moved to a later time.
- 11. Individual score cards will be produced for 3 events.
- a. The Spring and Summer Stroke play
- b. The League championship
- 12. 2019 Match Play
- a. A double elimination event with flights
- b. $ 25 entry fee
- c. The number of Flights and players within the flights to be determined by the number of entries.
- d. Entry Deadline May 19, 2019
- 13. Tournament Rounds
- a. End of the year event will be posted as a tournament round
- b. 2 additional events will be produced as Tournament events
Regular league play will NOT be posted as tournament rounds
- 14. Pace of play procedures
- a. 1st occurrence, David Baril will address slow play with individuals.
- b. 2nd occurrence, Any foursome that plays in over 4:30 minutes is posted on the results page and big screen tv.
- c. 3rd occurrence, a 1 stroke penalty is imposed on each player within the 4some.
- 15. Sign up procedures Important new change ***
- a. To register for the 2019 Strokers league.
- i. Go to https://www.coalcreekgolf.com/shop-leagues
- b. For Weekly events you have several options
- i. You will be able to sign into the Stokers book as always.
(Remember that if you want to play the Graphite tees you must declare in advance.)
- c. Golf Genius is the tournament software utilized last year for scoreing.
- i. We are adding additional features for 2019 ***
- 1. Entry into events
- 2. Broadcasting results day of the event.
- 3. Yearly tracking of your personal results and yearly points
- 4. Pictorial history of 2019 Strokers
- d. How to sign into Golf Genius
- i. Left Click the link listed below or copy it into your browser:
- ii. *Accept Terms & Conditions of Golf Genius
iii. Under “Enter Your GGID” enter FRZAJV then hit “Sign in”
Click on “Strokers League” Title.
- iv. From drop down menu, Find and Select your name.
Then hit “Sign Up” right below the date.
- v. You will get a conformation window with the date you are signing up for, hit “ok”
- vi. At the bottom there should be a conformation as well as a green box saying “Signed Up”
You’re all set!
2019 Strokers’ Calendar of Events
January 26 Strokers 2019 Rules seminar
March 27th Strokers Breakfast Meeting & Optional Shotgun 8:00am
April 3rd Opening Day ABCD Scramble 8:50 am
April 10th Individual Stroke Play 8:50 am
April 17th Four-Man Two Best Ball Net 7:50 am
April 24th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
May 1st Individual Modified Stableford 7:50 am
May 8th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
May 15th Individual Modified Stableford 7:50 am
May 19th Entry Deadline for Match Play Championship
May 22nd Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
May 29th Spring Stroke Play Championship* 7:50 am
June 5th Two-Man One Best Ball Net 7:50 am
June 12th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
June 19th Two-Man All Birdies Count 7:50 am
June 26th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
July 3rd Individual Modified Stableford 7:50 am
July 4th Firecracker Open 8:00 am
July 10th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
July 17th Two-Man Scramble 7:50 am
July 24th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
July 27th Louisville Open**
July 31st Four-Man All Birdies Count 7:50 am
August 7th Summer Stroke Play Championship* 7:50 am
August 14th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
August 21st Two-Man Chapman Alternate Shot 7:50 am
August 28th Individual Stroke Play 7:50 am
September 4th Individual Modified Stableford 7:50 am
September 10th/11th Greens Aerification Road Trip
September 18th Individual Stroke Play 8:30 am
September 24th/25th League Championship* 8:30 am
October 2nd Ryder Cup 9:00 am
* Tournament (T) designation for handicap purposes.
** Louisville Open date subject to change